Details
       
Details
  Vintage Canada  
  VintagePress
  Galleries

Vintage Sites
  Belleville
  Brockville
  Cape Breton
  Edmonton
  Gananoque
  Halifax
  Hamilton
  Kingston
  London
  Ottawa
  Peterborough
  Picton
  Toronto
  Vancouver
Details
1886
Halifax Police Court & City Hall
1886 Halifax Police Court & City Hall (formerly Exchange Coffee House), City Market House (built 1851 or 1858), and Market Square, at corner of Bedford Row & George St., Halifax, N.S., taken on a Saturday morning, July 1886, by Dr. G.L. Sinclair, looking NNE The Halifax Police Court and City Hall was built in 1810 as the County Court House; the court occupied the main floor, with the Exchange Coffee House on the first and attic floors. In 1841 the building became Halifaxs first City Hall. The City Market Building was erected in 1854 from the designs of architect William Findlay. It later housed various city offices until the new City Hall was built on the Grand Parade. Then as now, Saturday mornings brought crowds of people to the Market. NSARM

Visit Vintage Halifax       link

  ==x=========x=========x=========x=========x=========x=========x==


















Details
Details